Lilla Rogers MATS week 5


The last week's assignment for Lilla Rogers MATS course was to make a 'hyper-lush' zipper purse based on something you collect.  I am not much of a collector - apart from succulents, which I have painted before.  I wanted to try something different and went for a Japanese theme.  I was going to put in some ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement) but after consulting my mum, who is an ikebana teacher, it was far to complicated for the limited time I had.  There are still one or two things that aren't quite right, but I don't have time to change them so this will have to do!

I will miss the energy of the class but it will also be nice to slow down a bit and take a breather before the next one in the spring.  In the meantime, I hope to churn out a lot more art to build up a portfolio of new pieces to license (any agents out there?) and learn how to use Illustrator properly.  More actual painting and drawing will go on too, as well as digital.  

If anyone is considering whether to invest in the MATS course, do - it was worth every penny.


No comments: