The Fox and the Forest - from sketch to print

Ok, so it starts with a few scribbles on the backs of envelopes...


...which sit in my brain for a while before combining to form an idea...
...which I rough out in Painter...
...and add Mr. Fox (scanned)... to make sure I like him...
...then starting on a new (much larger) image...
...I scan in bits of paper that I have painted and use these as the paper textures in Painter.  This way I can use my real brushstrokes in my digital paintings :)
Each element goes on a new layer...
...which is a good thing when I decide halfway through to put more light behind the trees...
...add Mr. Fox, and a few little details, and that's it.  Simples.

3 comments:

Lou Murphy said...

Fascinating! It's great to see how someone else puts their stuff together.

elizabeth said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing your process!

Anonymous said...

quite awesome! I love trees :)

lifeasasketch.wordpress.com